- Why us?
- Select your interest
- Singing it back
- Tailor made and bespoke travel
- Round the World trips; extended durations and Sabbatical
- National Parks & Scenic Driving Tours
- Canyonlands of Arizona, Utah and Nevada
- Alaska & Yukon
- Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- Canadian Rockies
- The Pacific Northwest – Olympic Peninsula and Vancouver Island
- The Galapagos Islands
- South America- Iguassu; Peru and Bolivia
- Virginia – Shenandoah National Park & Colonial Williamsburg
- Yosemite National Park & Pacific Coast Highway
- New England
- IP – Intellectual Property Conferences
- EPO European Patent Offices
- Business Travel
- OB – Outside broadcast
- Harley rides and Air Combat USA
- Le Mans
- New Blog
- Useful links
- INTA Dallas Images
- Brochure Download – INTA
- Terms & Conditions
- Hi-Viz Luggage Labels
- Brochure Download – INTA Reception & Entertainment info sheet
- Brochure Download – Le Mans
- Brochure Download – Carry on Camping
- Brochure Download – Happy Camping
- Brochure Download – AIPPI
- Brochure Download – APAA
- Brochure Download – BIO CHI
- Brochure Download – Munich Newsletter
- Find & contact us
This EPO is situated in a suburb of The Hague called Rijswijk and not in the city itself. As the EPO is located adjacent to a motorway, Rotterdam Airport is actually the quickest airport to get to & from. However there are presently only services from London City Airport to Rotterdam and it doesn’t have as many flight options to get you home after your hearing as Amsterdam does, so not quite as convenient. In addition the taxi fare to RTM Airport is around EURO 60.
The alternative is Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport, where the railway station is situated below the terminal. Escalators to the platforms come directly off the main airport concourse. There are frequent rail services to The Hague Station/Den Haag HS, journey time about 30 mins. At that point you can either take a taxi or tram to Rijswijk, journey time 20 mins or in the rush hour 30 mins. The alternative is to change trains at The Hague/ Den Haag HS for a frequent local suburban service which takes 10 mins to Rijswijk. The Grand Winston Hotel is located opposite the station.
There are a couple of hotels in Rijswijk, but it is a very quiet town, especially in the evening when no restaurants or cafes are open. Alternatives are in The Hague itself which has plenty of dining options, or at one of a number of small B&Bs in charming Delft.
Alternative hotels to the Grand Winston
- Rijswijk– Equi-distant to and located the other side of the EPO building is The Hotel & Spa Savarine. A low rise hotel with some pleasant grounds, a health club, a good restaurant and is close to the AutoRoute on/ off ramp. They offer a shuttle to the EPO for Euro 5 /person/ way and it takes 8 mins, alternatively you can walk for 2 mins, then catch the tram which takes 5-10mins to get to the EPO. It is about 10 mins by tram from Rijswijk Railway Station.
- The Hague city centre– in the vibrant centre of the old town, is the historic Goude Hooft dating back to 1423. It’s now a super exclusive hotel and restaurant, with only 8 suites. The simplest starts at Euro200/night B&B . Lots of suite options, one is set over 3 floors, with the lounge & kitchen sandwiched between the two separated bedrooms above & below, cost Euro 375/n B&B. Interesting if you need a hotel room & meeting space.
Update – BA have cancelled their Heathrow to Rotterdam service.